Sunday, September 21, 2014

Boat rides, moose hunting, first month of school.

Wowza! It's already been a month since school started... No wonder I haven't had time to blog... I've been spending many early mornings and late nights at school getting things organized, technology running, etc. It seems like every time I cross one thing off my list, completed, three more are added. But that's okay. It keeps me busy and out of trouble.

School started with a bang. The new building was mostly put together. There are still boxes in a few places that need unpacked and put away, but we were kid ready. There were quite a few district office staff here to help us prepare and I'm so grateful for that.

I have my safe group of kids that I had last year. It has been really nice to not have to teach routines and expectations and do those getting to know you activities that traditionally fill the days of the first week of school.

I spent every spare minute, not already consumed with work/school, out boating or hanging out with friends. Many fun memories, lots of luck hunting.

I caught my moose on 8/30. We went out to Black River and spotted and chased a mukluk for about 5 hours. It was so incredibly fun, and FINALLY we caught it about 9. On our way home, we went through some slough with the idea that maybe there would be a moose, maybe not... We saw two bulls right on the bank. I shot and killed one, but since it was dark and getting late, we cut it open and left it for the next morning. On Sunday we went back for it. We took a few totes and brought back just meat. Then I spent the rest of Labor Day weekend cleaning and putting away the moose meat.

The rest of this month has included cleaning and organizing my house to make room for a roommate. More boating with my favorites. Still more laughter and good memories made. Here is a whole bunch of pictures since my last post...

xoxo,
SJ


Bush Alaska school bus... ;)

Flying between Hooper and home

Thanks Tom and Mike for getting us to
and from Hooper safely!

Brother's 21st birthday picnic.

My boy Jay.


My mean moose hunting face.

After we FINALLY caught the seal. Good job, Don.


Moose #3 in my life.



Little bigger than last year's bull.

Pius caught a redhead mukluk that night too.




Taking a break from tag... :)

Mmmm....

Ready for winter!

Senator Murkowski came to Alakanuk for the grand opening and ribbon cutting.

Our RSB and some district office staff cutting the ribbon for
the new school.

A little eskimo dancing. :)

Another fun boat ride.

Looking for moose.

I love this place.

First catch.

Swan hunting.

Checking net.



Such a beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment