Friday, August 24, 2012

First day of school!

Wow. So much work and the day was gone so quickly. I started off yesterday morning with some Dr. Seuss wisdom for myself and my peers... "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."--The Lorax. I was reminded of this often by my coffee mug. This was truly my inspiration as I prepared for this school year.

I am thankful that I was able to work so closely with the kindergarten class last year because I didn't have to go through any name games because I already knew the kids and they knew me. I have a great group of students and I am so excited to see how far they can go this year!

I must say that I was a million times more relaxed yesterday than my first day last year. Its amazing how nervous one can be without realizing it. This year was quite different and has mean fewer hours in my classroom cleaning and organizing. I am pleased with how my room is set up, I may still have some minor housekeeping to do in my room, but for the most part its just how I want it to be.

My Yupik vocabulary wall and behavior management program.

Small group, bookshelf... Plenty of floor space!!

Word wall and class jobs. Same bright paper as last year. :)

This might require some organizing... Classroom library.

Welcome to First Grade!
I intentionally left off the picture of my desk area, because its seen better days... Perhaps this weekend I'll get it organized again and post a picture then. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment